Application For Relief From Certain Liabilities
Application For Relief From Certain Liabilities Deed Format
In the Court of the Metropolitan Magistrate at Calcutta
Most Respectfully Sheweth:
1. That the State through Registrar of Companies, West Bengal filed two complaints and two cases were started against your petitioners being Case Nos. ……………… and ……………… under sections 210(3) and 220(3) of the Companies Act 1956. In both the cases your petitioners pleaded guilty and the said pleas were accepted by the Learned Magistrate and your petitioners were fined Rs. 100 in each of the two cases and your petitioners were directed to file the relevant Returns with the Registrar of Companies, West Bengal by 20th February 2000, with additional fees. Your petitioners have paid the fines.
2. Your petitioners in spite of the best efforts were unable to file the Balance Sheets and Annual Returns for the year-ended 30th March 1998 due to labour trouble and the factory and Head Office remaining closed, and the books of Accounts and records were not available to prepare the Balance Sheets or the Annual Returns.
4. The State through the Registrar of Companies again filed two Complaints under section 614A(2) of the Companies Act 1956 complaining that the Order dated ……………… has not been complied with.
5. Your petitioners could not comply with the order in the circumstances mentioned above in spite of their best efforts and as such default or non-compliance has been caused due to circumstances beyond the control of the petitioners and mainly due to the labour trouble.
6. Your petitioners have acted honestly and reasonably and have not committed any default within the meaning of the Companies Act 1956 and could not be made liable to any legal proceedings and pray that your petitioners be excused and relieved fully from any liability for such defaults in filing the Balance Sheets and Annual Returns with the Registrar of Companies and/or non-compliance with the said Orders.
In the circumstances your petitioners therefore most humbly pray Your Honour that:
(a) The petitioners be excused and/or relieved from any liability in respect of any defaults in filing the Balance Sheets and Profit and Loss Accounts and the Annual Returns with the Registrar of Companies and/or complying with the Order dated ……………… of this Learned Court;
(b) The complaints filed and/or the Prosecution Cases Nos. …………… be not proceeded with and your petitioners be discharged therefrom;
(c) Such further and other Orders be made and/or directions be given as to this Learned Court may seem fit and proper to afford complete relief to your petitioners.
And your petitioners as in duty bound shall ever pray.
I, AB, residing at ……………………………… do hereby solemnly affirm and say as follows:
1. I am the petitioner No. 1 above-named and I know the facts and circumstances of the case and I am able to depose thereto. I am authorised by petitioners Nos. 2 and 3. I do affirm and verify the aforesaid petition for self and on behalf of petitioners Nos. 2 and 3.
2. The statements in paragraphs 1 to 6 of the foregoing petition are true to my knowledge based on information derived from records maintained by me and petitioners Nos. 2 and 3 and on inspection of the records of Registrar of Companies and I believe them to be true.
3. The statements in paragraphs 1 and 2 are true to my knowledge.
Solemnly affirmed by the said AB
at the Court House in Calcutta on
this ………… day of ………… 2000
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org