CHANGES IN REGISTRATION AUTHORITY OF COMPANY REGISTRATION IN INDIA | CHANGES IN COMPANY REGISTRATION PROCEDURE IN INDIA| CENTRAL REGISTRATION CENTRE WILL PROCESS COMPANY REGISTRATION FORMS|
The Indian Government has notified on 23rd March, 2016 that Central Registration Centre established vide notification number SO 218(E) dated 22/01/2016 to process INC-1 form (Used for Name Approval of Company) shall now exercise functional jurisdiction of processing and approval of e-forms relating to registration of companies under section 7, 8 and 366 of Companies Act, 2013 and shall have territorial jurisdiction all over in India.
By putting in simple words, it means by effective date 28/03/2016 (mentioned in the notification), works of registration of companies of all states of India will be carried out by Registrar of Companies, Central Registration Centre and not by Registrar of Companies of Respective States or Territory. Further, due to this step, companies can now be incorporated in any part of India and from any part of India and World as well.
Registrar of Companies, Central Registration Centre has already been empowered to approve Form INC-1 (Used for Name Approval of Companies) and now by this notification, ROC of CRC has also been given power to approve Forms INC-2, INC-7, INC-29 along with linked forms INC-22, DIR-12 and URC-1.
Let discuss the forms in some detail:
- INC-1 : Form is used for getting name approval of companies
- INC-2 : Form is used for Incorporation of One Person Company (OPC)
- INC-7 : Form is used for Incorporation of Private Limited, Section 8 and Limited Company.
- INC-29 : Form is also known as Integrated Incorporation Form and is used for registration of companies in single step without filing separate application for DIN (Director Identification Number) allotment of directors, Name Approval. INC-29 is used to file application for Incorporation of One person Company, Private Limited Company and Limited Company.
- INC-22 : Form is used for filing notice of situation or change in situation of registered office. INC-22 is used to file information of registered office at the time of registration of companies.
- DIR-12 : Form is used for filing information of first directors of new companies or for filing information of change in designation of directors, appointment of new directors or cessation of directors of the existing companies.
- URC-1 : Form is used for making application for registration under section 366 by the company