Request a Call Back
Contractor License is simply a registration of a contractor with the concerned department. It means a contractor has got to register himself with the department he wants to figure with. Like, if he wants to figure with the Building Construction Department, he has got to first get himself or his firm enlisted with building construction department.
In this article, we’ll discuss about contractor license in terms of Principal Contractor and Petty Contractor.
Contractors are often either:
- Principal Contractor: he directly takes tender from department himself
- Petty Contractor: he’s employed under principal contractor consistent with terms of principal contractor
Principal contractor has got to get Contractor License i.e., he has got to get himself registered with the department whereas, petty contractor doesn’t need to get contractor license as he’s employed under principal contractor.
Documents required for Contractor License
- Copy of Registration certificate, pan card and bye laws of firm or company
- Copy of KYC Documents of householders
- Copy of Character Certificate of householders
Process of getting a Contractor License
- Preparation of documents
- Attestation of documents by a gazetted officer
- Filing of application with character certificate
- Payment of state challan
- Issue of Contractor license by the department
Our Valuable Clients
Documents Required for FSSAI License in India When it comes to starting a food business…
BANK LOANS FOR STARTUPSSecuring funds for a new business is a challenging task for entrepreneurs….
Trademark Symbols and its meanings | TM-™, R-® & C-© Symbols The symbols TM, R,…
GST E-Invoice QR Code Verifier App The GSTN has developed an application called “GST E-Invoice…
How to Choose Trademark Class- Identifying the category of products or services covered by your…
Delhi Majdur Sahayata Yojana The implementation of the Delhi Majdur Sahayata Yojana holds significant importance…