Documents Required for FSSAI License in India
When it comes to starting a food business in India, obtaining an FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) license is a crucial step. This license ensures that your food business complies with the food safety standards set by the Indian government. To obtain an FSSAI license, you need to submit certain documents. Here's a list of the 10 essential documents required for obtaining an FSSAI license in India.
1. Identity Proof: The first document you need is a valid and government-issued identity proof, such as a PAN card, Aadhaar card, or driver's license. This verifies your identity as an individual or as the authorized person of the food business.
2. Address Proof: Along with the identity proof, you must provide an address proof document that validates the location of your business. Documents such as electricity bills, rent agreement, or property ownership papers are accepted as address proofs.
3. Business Essential Documents: Your FSSAI license application requires essential business documents like the incorporation certificate or registration certificate. These documents prove the legal existence of your food business.
4. Food Safety Management System Plan: As part of the FSSAI license application process, you need to submit a detailed food safety management system plan. This plan outlines your food safety protocols, including your Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan.
5. Food Business Operator Declaration: A declaration form stating that you are compliant with the food safety and hygiene standards must be submitted. This form is filled and signed by the owner or the authorized signatory of the food business.
6. List of Partners/Directors/Proprietor and their Contact Details: Provide a comprehensive list of all partners, directors, or the proprietor of your food business. Include their contact details and also mention their role in the business.
7. List of Food Products: The FSSAI license application requires a detailed list of all the food products you plan to manufacture, process, or handle. Ensure that this list is accurate and complete.
8. Manufacturing Process Flowchart: In order to obtain the FSSAI license, you must provide a manufacturing process flowchart. This flowchart outlines the step-by-step process of how your food products are produced or handled.
9. Water Source and Analysis Report: A water analysis report for your business premises must be submitted. This report ensures that the water used in your food business is safe for consumption and free from contamination.
10. Food Testing Reports: Lastly, you need to include food testing reports from a NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) accredited laboratory. These reports demonstrate that your food products meet the required quality and safety standards.
Remember, having all the necessary documentation ready will expedite the process of obtaining your FSSAI license. By ensuring compliance with the food safety standards set by the Indian government, you not only safeguard your customers' health but also build trust and credibility in the food industry.