GST Registration is mandatory for all suppliers of goods and services.
Request a Call Back
Introduction of GST Registration in India
GST or Goods and Services Tax was introduced by the Prime Minister of India in an effort to manage prices throughout the country and take away all state or central Govt. imposed indirect taxes on goods and services by initiating GST registration in India.
As per the new GST registration regulation, businesses whose turnover exceeds Rs 20 lakhs (10Lakhs for North East and hill states) are required to urge their GST registration as a traditional taxable person. This process is named the GST registration.
Apart from the opposite turnover bracket, there are certain cases where new GST registration is mandatory for people or entities engaging themselves within the supply of products or services across the state to urge GST registration online. One can apply for online GST Registration either as a traditional taxpayer or under the GST composition scheme.
What is Goods and Service Tax is all about?
As we glare to the name, the name itself depicts that the GST are going to be applicable on both the products and services following a dual system of GST keeping the work of both the Central and therefore the government independently. The GST Council is headed by the Union minister of finance and can also include various State Finance Ministers.
GST Tax Structure
The following is that the chart shows the applicable tax structure of the products and repair Tax.
*0% is GST rate is applied to the foremost essential goods like rice, wheat etc. the entire bifurcation of the GST rate applied to the various categories of products and services are often easily accessed by just contacting us. You give us a call and our team will reach you very soon with the entire detail.
Indirect taxes that are replaced under new GST Registration
After the introduction of latest GST registration, all indirect taxes department are close merged As GST Department. Hence, the subsequent are the small print of the indirect taxes of central and government that are replaced after the introduction of the GST Registration in India.
1.Taxes that are levied and picked up by the Central Government
- Service tax
- Central Excise duty
- Additional Duties of Custom ( also referred to as CVD)
- Special Additional Duty of Custom (SAD) And,
2.Taxes that are levied and picked up by the government
- State VAT
- Central nuisance tax
- Entertainment and Amusement Tax
- Taxes on lotteries, betting, and gambling
Like many other countries like Canada and Brazil, India also will follow the twin sort of GST. At the Intrastate level where goods and services are sold within the state, CGST (Central Goods and repair Tax) and SGST (State Goods and repair Tax) are going to be levied thereon.
On the opposite hand, while selling any goods and repair in another state i.e. interstate then IGST is going to be levied. IGST stands for Interstate Goods and repair Tax. Any goods that are imported come under the IGST and termed as interstate supply. Not only this, but the imported goods also will attract the essential customs.
However, Exports and supplies to Special Economic Zone are going to be considered as zero-rated.
Eligibility Criteria for Online GST Registration in India
Sections 22 of the ACT specify the edge limit for online GST registration and also determine the subsequent suppliers to travel for the online GST registration process.
If the mixture turnover of any supplier exceeds 20 lakh rupees then the corporate must choose the New GST Registration online
However, if the supplier comes under the Special Category States, this threshold limit of aggregate turnover is 10 lakh rupees need new GST Registration. Here special category states include states of north-east India, Himachal, Uttarakhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
Mandatory or Compulsory GST Registration
Along with these threshold limits, Section 24 of the Act also specifies an inventory of suppliers for whom online GST registration is mandatory. The list includes subsequent suppliers:
- Input Service Distributor
- Supplier under the reverse charge.
- A person supplying through E-commerce by collecting tax at source u/s 52.
- A person claiming or remitting Input decrease.
- Any person doing inter-state supply.
- The casual taxable person affecting taxable supply.
- The non-resident taxable person affecting taxable supply.
- E-commerce Operator
- Any person supplying on behalf of other like as an agent or not.
- Any person supplying online information and database or retrieval service from an area outside India to an individual in India who is unregistered and wishes a web GST Registration.
What are the Advantages of GST Registration in India?
After reading the article thus far, you want to be bogged by a number of the thoughts like why there’s such a lot bragging of GST registration. So, there are a number of the benefits which will clear your mind on the advantages of registering under GST
1.For Registered Businesses:
- Avail Input decrease
- Interstate sales without restriction
2. For Composition dealer:
- Limited compliances imposed
- Less liabilities
- High capital
3. A business that voluntarily opted GST Registration in India
- Avail Input decrease
- Inter-state supply without restriction
- Easy Registration on e-commerce websites
- Competitive Advantages compared to other businesses
4. aside from the opposite benefits the subsequent are the advantages of GST Registration
- Eliminates the cascading effect of the tax
- Higher threshold limit for registration
- Simple and straightforward online procedure
- Facility of Composition Scheme
- Simple and straightforward online procedure
- Less number of compliances
Penalty for Non-Compliances under GST Registration in India
- There are strict laws under the GST Act for the non- compliance of the act
- If there’s any delay within the payment or non- payment of the taxes accrued, then the offender are going to be susceptible to lose the pocket and pay an important penalty thereon. Such penalty are going to be 10% of the unpaid tax or Rs 10,000 whichever is higher
- However, if the offender has deliberately evaded the payment of taxes under the law the penalty amount are going to be 100% of the unpaid tax
What are GST Returns and how is to be filed under GST Registration in India?
The Registered taxpayer is burden with various compliances. one among the foremost important compliances that are under the GST is to file GST returns on a timely basis. GST returns are filed with the documents concerning the purchases, sales, tax collected, ITC etc. After filing all the relevant information liabilities is computed and paid off. Kindly read our full article on GST Returns and GST compliances and Due dates to file GST Registration.
Hierarchy of Officers in GST Department
There are 9 classes of officers as per the CGST Act, with 17 officers and a general class, whereas the SGST Act contains 6 classes of officers, with a general class.
- As per Model GST Law, Board i.e. the Central Board of Excise and Customs constituted under the Central Boards of Revenue Act, 1963 has the facility to appoint officers of CGST (Note: State laws may have similar provision)
- The Commissioner of SGST under SGST law will have jurisdiction over the entire of the acceptable State. All other officers shall have jurisdiction over the entire of the State or over such areas because the Commissioner may, by notification, specify.
- The powers of the primary Appellate Authority are restricted to those specified under Section 79 of the CGST law. (Note: State laws may have similar provision)
The following are the hierarchy of the officers under the Central Goods and repair Tax act, namely;
- Principal Directors General of CGST or Principal Chief Commissioners of CGST or
- Directors General of CGST Chief Commissioners of CGST or,
- Principal Additional Directors General of CGST or Principal Commissioners of CGST
- Additional Directors General of CGST or Commissioners of CGST
- First Appellate Authority,
- Additional Directors of CGST or Additional Commissioners of CGST
- Joint Directors of CGST or Joint Commissioners of CGST
- Deputy Directors of CGST or Deputy Commissioners of CGST
- Assistant Directors of CGST or Assistant Commissioners of CGST
- Or such other class of officers as could also be appointed for the needs of this Act.
Furthermore, the hierarchy of officers under the State Goods and repair Tax Act
- Commissioner of SGST,
- Special Commissioners of SGST,
- Additional Commissioners of SGST,
- Joint Commissioners of SGST,
- Deputy Commissioners of SGST,
- Assistant Commissioners of SGST, and
- Or such other class of officers and persons as could also be appointed for the needs of this Act. [List is indicative]
Our Valuable Clients
No post found!