Secure a priority date for your patent by filing for a Provisional Patent Application
Request a Call Back
What is a Provisional Patent?
To say, the provisional patent helps the inventor/creator to determine initial ownership over its own invention on submitting the provisional specifications of the merchandise or process.
The documents necessary to be a field for the permanent patent need to be done or filed within or in 12 months alternatively, the appliance so made would be canceled completely.
A provisional application is an initial step, before the filing of a daily patent, for procuring a kind of interim protection. the choice is made to deliver investors with a cheap thanks to temporarily safeguard their inventions till they plan to pursue a full patent.
Advantages of Filing Provisional Patent
Only owners of registered patients are allowed to require action or sue for damages just in case of violation. If the inventions aren’t registered then the Patent protection isn’t enforceable.
The registration of the patent will provide a singular competitive edge for the business. Other Competitors won’t be allowed to use the patented invention for similar or the same goods or services.
Creation of Asset
Patent registration creates a property, which is an intangible for a corporation. The Registered patent is an intangible which will be sold, franchised or commercially contracted.
There is less requirement to file a provisional patent. albeit your invention is at a conceptual stage, the minimum need is to specify the title, specify the sector of the invention, its nature, and possible uses to file a provisional specification.
Established Right Early
The provisional patent permits to book the name against owners’ invention even before it’s final.
The provisional requirement/description helps you to scrutinize the market potential of the invention made before taking the ultimate decision of filings for an entire requirement of a patent.
Contents of Provisional Specification
- Give Title of the invention
- Provide short Description of the Invention
- the small print of invention contains
- It should also mention the background of the invention
- Object and statement of the invention.
Provisional application Process
- Collecting details of the invention 1 working day.
- draft the appliance supported the small print you send. Approx. 7 working days.
- The drafted document is going to be filed with the Registrar and, on acceptance, the client would be ready to use ‘Patent Pending’ on your product any time over the subsequent year. Approx. 2 working days
Patent v/s Provisional Patent
- Provisional patent.
- It applies to ideas and inventions It also applies to inventions and concepts.
- The validity of this is often 1-year Validity of this is often 20 years.
- No ownership without registration Ownership without registration of a patent isn’t possible.
- Inventors and designers usually apply for provisional patent Patents are normally applied by inventors and designers.
Our Valuable Clients
Documents Required for FSSAI License in India When it comes to starting a food business…
BANK LOANS FOR STARTUPSSecuring funds for a new business is a challenging task for entrepreneurs….
Trademark Symbols and its meanings | TM-™, R-® & C-© Symbols The symbols TM, R,…
GST E-Invoice QR Code Verifier App The GSTN has developed an application called “GST E-Invoice…
How to Choose Trademark Class- Identifying the category of products or services covered by your…
Delhi Majdur Sahayata Yojana The implementation of the Delhi Majdur Sahayata Yojana holds significant importance…